WHAT IS A HOLY UNION?
- A Holy Union is the spiritual joining of two persons of the same sex.
- It is a Christian Celebration of Love.
- It is a Covenant wherein public vows and promises are made.
- We take this ceremony seriously, this vows are made before God.
HOLY UNION IS NOT…
- A government involved ceremony, it is a service, ministry and ceremony of our Church.
- A magic or a quick fix for a broken or strained relationship. If your relationship is in trouble, it is not appropriate to have a Holy Union.
IS THE HOLY UNION LEGAL IN THE PHILIPPINES?
- There are no existing laws about same sex marriage or holy union in the Philippines, It is neither illegal nor legal.
- In the Philippines we are enjoying FREEDOM OF RELIGION, and because Christianity is our religion and MCC Philippines is our church, we are given by our constitution to practice our religion and it includes Holy Unions.
- For example, there are laws here in the Philippines about bigamy, polygamy and adultery but our Muslim Brothers are allowed by their religion Islam to marry more than one wife. But they are not persecuted by our laws because of FREEDOM OF RELIGION.
- If you are planning to have a Holy Union at MCC Makati, you will have to fill up legal documents that are accepted to all countries that have same sex marriage laws, like some states in USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Netherlands, Spain and some European countries.
THE 1987 CONSTITUTION OF THE PHILIPPINES ARTICLE III SECTION 5
Section 5. “No law shall be made respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. The free exercise and enjoyment of religious profession and worship, without discrimination or preference, shall forever be allowed. No religious test shall be required for the exercise of civil or political rights”
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
- Accomplished Holy Union Registration Form from MCC Makati.
- 2 X 2 Picture with white background
- Photo copy of birth certificate, residential certificate, barangay clearance and new NBI clearance.
- Photo copy of passport (If you are a foreigner or an OFW)
- Attend 4 consecutive Sunday Worship of MCC Makati. (For Residents of Makati, Metro Manila & nearby Provinces only).
- Undergo a Pre-holy union counseling.
- Pay the union fee (to be discussed during the counseling)
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO SCHEDULE A HOLY UNION AT MCCPHILIPPINES
- Complete all the requirements needed for the HolyUnion
- Bring/Give all the requirements to our church secretary Ms. Gina De Leon
- Set a schedule for the counselling session and date of the wedding.